Update DreamTV 1.4.297 broke my box

• Morning,
    The last update broke my box
    At each launch of the box, i have force close all times, so I can't do nothing with this box
    I already make a factory reset, still force close
    What can i do now ? send it to technical support? or did you planned to release afix for this issue?

• this is really shit man, can't even download usb recovery.. :thumbdown:

• I guess I find the cause
    If I set French language (it's my primary language), the box crash all times with force close
    IF I set English , no more crash and no more force close
    So why this box don't like french people ??

Edit 1 : finally atter reboot, I have again this fucking force close

Edit 2 : I downgrad to previous version, so update to new version again by OTA, Now it's seems OK about force close

Still persist this language issue....

• exactly the same here in The Netherlands, only English is working without crashing the Dreamtv app all the time.

• Goodmorning .. with all the respect .. this update killed my dream it is not working .
    The box hangs on a reboot and and say " Close app " (dreamtv app) .
    Please contact Pli or Japhar or some other Linux wonders to fix it if you don't know how or test it for a few days before you make it public please .
    It was an autoupdate my friends ..
    Can you make an update that will be executed when the box is started .. (for usb or so)

• How to fix your box .. the error is in the language modules .. turn off your box turn off your internet connection .. restart your box .. go to settings and set the language to English turn on your internet connection and the App remains to work ..

• unfortunately that doens't work either. can't imagine people relaese such a grappy version of firmware. Maybe forgot to test it first? ;(

• hi.1 direct questions. Are you seriously working on fixing the box now, or are they going to take a long time. Have said 10 boxes have sold and all do not work as described.There are many small things that annoy very.So expect an honest answer !! are you working on this? or is the box completely ok as you say ?? if it's ok the way it is now. Will enough dreambox be returned.

• Offizieller Beitrag

hi.1 direct questions. Are you seriously working on fixing the box now, or are they going to take a long time. Have said 10 boxes have sold and all do not work as described.There are many small things that annoy very.So expect an honest answer !! are you working on this? or is the box completely ok as you say ?? if it's ok the way it is now. Will enough dreambox be returned.

Hi, of course we are working on it, we are serious people, I do not understand your questions and we will sort them out as soon as possible.

• yes offcourse you can use recovery function of the box to go back to version 279!

I've done it this morning.

What you do is download the recovery 279 on a usb stick place it in the dreamtv use a toothpick and press and hold it in the recovery (hole).
    power on the box when installing apppears you can release recovery botton. The box will erase and load 279 version of the box.
    As version 280 is a bad update please install English language only!!!! and don't update till new (and hopefully better update appears). :)

• when using my instrutions the Dreamtv box is in factory settings. All you need to do is use login credentials of your iptv provider.
    Easy as that. Don't use 280 update after reinstalling 279!!

They should rolback to 279 with all those issues, 280 should be deleted!!! :evil:

The best way forward should be getting people to test prior a release...

Dreatmtv people maybe setting up a test community to make this work and creating chemistry??

• indeed Jan, takes real long to get new updates. This problem with the latest update should be fixed allready. Take the 280 update offline as first step!

I've rolled back to version 279 for now. No app crashes only the need to reboot the device every day to get an IP connection again..

• Same problem wit Dutch language .after update,recover with usb and set to English now it is good.

• still crashes in English language, update needs to be tested fat more!
    No update from factory for days, they're working hard to get a new update 24/7 I presume.